Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ellie's new room - Finally!

I'm not going to lie, this project took way longer than I anticipated. I couldn't have done it by myself. My dad helped put the crib and bookshelf together, painted the whole room and the bookshelves, and shampoed the carpet. Wendi's boyfriend, Nick, put the closet organizers in. I was a great supervisor :) I did all the little putzy stuff. I'm just so relieved it's finished and Ellie is sleeping in her new bedroom. The transition wasn't as bad as we thought. She cried the first couple nights, but it just took Nick to sit with her before putting her in her crib. The naps.... still working on the naps. She use to sleep about 1.5 - 2 hours a day and now she is sleeping less than an hour. We are not sure if that is because of the new room or if she is just being a 2 year old.

Below are the pictures of her new room. I was able to reuse a lot of things from her old nursery. Let me know what you think. I'm so excited and Ellie is too!
The curtains are from her nursery. I bought an inexpensive double rod and hung them at the top of the ceiling. They worked out perfectly! The round pillows are from Restoration Hardware and were also in her nursery.  The crib converts to a toddler and full size bed and is from Babies R Us. I love the shape and the shelf underneath too. This was the last one and was a good deal! The bookcase is from Ikea. Ikea has a huge selection of baskets, shelves, bins made to fit in this bookcase, but I used those for the closet instead. These pink storage bins are from Target. Her canvas portrait, butterflies and ribbon mobile are all from her nursery. All of the pictures in her room are done by McManigal Photography - highly recommend them!

The white shelves are from Ikea and the picture frames are from her nursery. The kitchen is also from her nursery.

This was a perfect spot for a reading nook. The little shelves holding the books are actually the spice racks from Ikea. My dad just painted them white and work better than making little shelves. I LOVE them. The canopy is a total Ikea find too. I don't love it like the spice racks, but it softens the area, so we'll keep it for now. I had to tack back the netting so it wouldn't get pulled down. The cute owl pillow is from Wendi - I think she got it from Target. The green patterned pillow is from TJ Maxx and is actually a dog pillow! It fits really well here and I love the pattern.


The chair is from Ikea with the white fitted slipcover. I made some cute little flowers from left over fabric and just sewed them on. The flower lights are from Ikea too. Ellie loves to turn them off and on, off and on, off and on, etc.


The room connects to a jack n jill bathroom.


The green lamp is from Target.


The white baskets are from Michael's and are originally from her nursery. The closet organizers are all from Menards. The hanging drawers are from Ikea.







Thanks for looking!
xoxo, Elliana and Mama (and baby #2)

3 comments:

  1. It's so adorable!!! I bet she feels so grown up in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, she will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just saw this on pinterest. we're about to move into a new house, and the sellers left that ikea canopy thing. then a few days ago, i saw a reading nook picture on pinterest with the spice racks. i wanted to utilize both of those things - the spice racks and the canopy - but wasn't sure how. so i just searched for "reading nook" on pinterest, and yours came up. it's super cute - i may just copy it!

    ReplyDelete