Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I remember...

The morning was sunny and bright like it is today, 11 years later. I was just getting to my desk at a job I've only had less than a month. I was 21.

My co-worker came over to me and said she heard that an airplane hit the World Trader Center. I thought "wow, that sucks" and was immediately on Yahoo to see if I could find anything. I didn't even know what the WTC was (remember, I was only 21). I've heard of it, but didn't really get it. There were a couple reports on the internet about a small plane hitting the building. Within 10 - 15 minutes as other co-workers arrived to work, it started to become a big deal. A bunch of us went to the board room (where our Executives have their important meetings) to see if we could watch it on TV. As I watched tv, listened to my co-workers talk and ask questions, I began to understand how big of a deal this was. It was in that room when I saw both towers crumble to the floor. My stomach felt sick and my heart hurt. It was something that was truly unbelievable. My boss told us for those of us that wanted to go home, we could. I immediately grabbed my purse and left. I met Nick at his sister's house because he was out in that area. I remember driving and feeling so sad. The next days and weeks after were even harder. I was addicted to watching every news show on TV. I just remember feeling so sad and crying a lot. I will never forget that day and will appreciate what our country has done to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.



No comments:

Post a Comment