Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

37 and 5 days

WOW. I can't believe I'm almost 38 weeks and the baby is the size of a winter melon (whatever that means!) I love how they say the average weight is 6.2 - 9.2 lbs. I think I'm probably closer to the larger scale. Jack was born 10 days early and was a whopping 9.4 lbs. If I had to guess I would say this baby will be 8.8 lbs. Since my c-section is scheduled for August 27th and my due date is September 1, that's only 6 days early. I'm pretty excited to meet the baby. I wish it were happening this weekend. I'm going to try to walk and eat some extra spicy food. Ellie is getting really excited too. She always asks if she can hold the baby and questions like: Where are her hands? Is she sleeping? Did the baby give you those owies on your tummy? (my stretch marks), Is she moving? WHEN IS SHE COMING?!

Jack knows there is a baby inside and he will pat my tummy and say "baby", but I think he is in for a rude awakening! I'm glad he's now upstairs out of his old room, which will soon be occupied by the baby. He has had a few nights where he cries and I usually have to sit with him for a little bit before bed. We are still working on his closet. It's pretty much done, but there a few things that need to complete it, like hang the bars for clothes, paint and secure the closet organizers in place.



1 comment: