Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Updates


Ok, so of course I'm impatient, so I'm not waiting until next week to talk about our changes. It might not seem like a big deal, but it is to me and more importantly to my family! WCTC asked me to teach a Web Page Design class this semester and I've accepted. Being off for the last year from teaching has been nice, but after giving it a lot of thought, we decided it is something that will probably pay off in the end just in case my full-time job doesn't survive. I really like my full-time job, but don't want to put all my eggs in this basket, because the basket my not be around forever. So, that is part of the news...

The other part, is that I'm not going to be full-time anymore. I've been thinking about it for awhile and now that baby Silas is here and I'm teaching part-time,  I've decided to go down to 4 days a week. Fridays will be my day to be with my babies - Ellie and Jack. This will definitely give our home/work life a better balance. I don't want to have regrets one day, so I'm super excited that we decided to do this. When I say 'we', I mean convincing Nick and my Mom. I think they think I'm super woman, which might be partially true (not), but those are some high expectations that just fill me with guilt most of the time. So yah for ME! I do have mixed feelings about teaching again though. It's such a struggle, because one moment I love it and the next I hate it and want to vomit. It definitely pushes me out of my comfort zone. Last night was my first class. I have 16 students right now and I'm sure there will be a couple that drop out, but it seems like a good group. I would say most of them are non-traditional students, meaning they are retired or going back to school. I even have an older man in his late 70's or even 80's! He's a retired engineer. Seems really interesting. Then of course I have the 19 year olds right out of high school who make the class fun and crazy. Even though I'm the instructor, being in school, feels like "being in school". I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving break! We booked our trip to Arizona with Ellie and Jack. I'm looking forward to it, but really scared! A four hour flight with 2 little kids might be a disaster. I'm super excited and feel like I should start packing. Haha!

Happy Friday and happy weekend! (Silas is coming home this weekend :)



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some really exciting changes! You'll love being at home on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete