Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

We only get one hourglass

These can not be my kids. My kids are babies. Time goes too fast. It is so precious and so are my babies. 

It reminds me of the song by Kenny Chesney. Don't Blink... 
Cause when your hourglass runs out of sand
You can't flip it over and start again
Take every breathe God gives you for what it's worth

I try to do this. I try. So, the laundry can wait, the floors can be sticky (Meeko helps with this sometimes), painting over the crayon colored wall can be painted a different day and sometimes playing outside is more important than baths. This definitely does not sound like the same girl before Ellie and Jack came along. This is the new girl, the new Mama and I'm okay with it.

The weather has been so nice we've been hanging out on the play set in the back yard. I've been letting Jack crawl around and enjoy the grass. We didn't really put Ellie on the grass when she was a baby, so the first time she stood on it with her bare feet she freaked out a little. My fault.

Ellie loves the play set. She really likes the slide too (now that I waxed it and it's dangerously fast.)
I really want to stain it and fix it up a little, but that's a lot of work and time! And like I said... it can wait. Unless someone wants to do it :)









No comments:

Post a Comment