Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ups and Downs



Something that Nick has taught me about life is this: "Life is hard". Pretty simple, but very true. No one ever said it was going to be easy, but I if we never had downs, then what would we have to look forward to?

I'm not a big religious person, but I am spiritual and do have faith. There are some people that I'm close with that are going through some downs right now - illness, spousal issues, work issues, financial troubles, etc.

I found some quotes that are so true; some funny and some serious.
  • "Life is not always fair. Sometimes you get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow." -Terri Guillemets
  • "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey
  • "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - unknown
  • “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” - Elbert Hubbard
  • “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
and my favorite quote is:

 Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
                                                                    ~Charles R. Swindoll.


No comments:

Post a Comment